Okay, so Todd has decided to rearrange the furniture in the living room. It looks just awful and I am having some major control issues over it. I really don't like it and want to do it my way, but it means so much to him to get to do this. He has everything smack up against the wall - even the coffee table. I am trying to not go nuts, but this is getting out of hand. He sees everything as a hazard to Jonas' safety. "We can't put the chair cattycorner to the wall, Heather. Jonas could crawl up the chair and up the back of it and fall down over the back and smash his head open." Mind you, he has never crawled over the back of ANYTHING in his life, nor has he ever EXPRESSED an interest in crawling over the back of anything. "No, Heather, we can't put a light by the chair you want to use as reading that we can't put cattycorner to the wall, because that would involve an extension cord being run behind the chair and behind the coffee table (that is already plastered against the wall) and into a surge protector." " What's that? You would like a stand next to the chair that we can't put cattycorner to the wall because Jonas could possibly go ass over tincups backwards on and that you can't have a light next to because it involves plugging in an extension cord to a surge protector? Sorry, no dice because it will have to go FLUSH AGAINST THE WALL and you won't be able to effectively use it anyway."
ARRRRGH! I am going to go insane. That is all. I need to find some happy pills.
No comments:
Post a Comment