Friday, April 24, 2009

A new year and new possibilities

Okay, so it's been ages since I have written anything on here. I fully intend to rectify that with something pity and insightful. Yeah, anytime now. Wait for it...hmmm....

How about I give an update on what is happening with the family? I think the last time I wrote was sometime in August of 08 and now here we are in April 09. Lots of things have happened:

1. My Little Jonas has turned 2. It seems like just yesterday I was getting up every 2 hours in a zombie like haze for feeding and changing!

2. My best friend got pregnant a month after she went off birth control, thus signalling in me a type of baby fever that I have never felt before.

3. Christmas came and went and all was well. In between numbers 1 and 2 on this list, I somehow managed to get a promotion in this horrible job market that put me at a 9 - 5 time slot and a salary position. Not too shabby!

4. New Year's came and went and all was well.

5. Valentine's day came and went and all was well.

6. St. Patrick's day came and went and all was well.

7. Easter came and went and...what the hell? I'm PREGNANT???

That's right! I got a positive pregnancy test on Friday April 10, 2009. I was so excited that I ran out with Melissa and get the required "I'm a big brother" shirt. When Todd got home I said "look at this great shirt I picked up for Jonas today!" He looked at it and said that it was very nice...and then it dawned on him! Great look on his face. I showed him the 2 positive tests I took and he got really quiet and said that until the doctor confirms it he didn't want to tell anyone. I was in shock! I mean, we were going to see the ENTIRE family that weekend and he didn't want to TELL ANYONE???? REALLY????

So, I went along with it because we were pretty sure a while back that I was pregnant and it turned out to be not so true, and he was crushed. Absolutely crushed. I understood his need to wait. So, meanwhile, we go to visit family and I did another test with a much MUCH darker line and showed him. This was convincing enough to have him tell his family right then and there. I told my family Easter Sunday. Everyone was shocked! No one even knew we were trying.

So, fast forward a few weeks. I am now 5 weeks pregnant and feeling great! Doctor's office is supposed to be calling at any moment to schedule the first ultrasound and I just can't wait! I would love if they would schedule it for the 30th - which will be my 33rd birthday. What better present than hearing the beating of my new baby's heart?

No comments: