Thursday, March 3, 2011

Holy Cow!

Jonas is reading!!  Okay, okay...*deep breath*  Gah!!! My little 4 and a half year old boy is a reader!!! 

While this may seem like not a huge thing to a lot of people - it certainly is to Todd and I.  We are huge bibliophiles.  We. Love. Books.  All books.  I am secretly ( okay, not so secretly) hoping that my kids learn to love books as much as Todd and I do.  I can remember reading all day long when I was a kid.  I remember spending all summer tearing through everything the library had to offer ( Nancy Drew rocked!).  So, anyway, this morning I dropped J off at his preschool class and his teacher pulled us aside and pulled out her flashcards and Jonas started reading away!  She said he was one of about 5 kids ( there are about 20 in his class) that can read all the words and if he is unsure he will sound them out.  I love my smartypants kid!  And here is a pic of my little monster!

101_8331

While we're at it, I wanted to include a picture of my littlest monster.  Here is Soren Jasper.  Love him and adore him!!

101_8406

And here is Todd.  He's hot.  I know.

101_6854

And here's me...with Jonas.  I usually tend to stay on the OTHER side of the camera.

#C634179521311#P601069521311#F8#

Also, I just noticed that the pic of Jonas and I is taken in the bathroom.  I don't know why.  That's just how we roll I guess.

I guess that is it for today.  At some point I have to tell you about this amazing group of women I talk to each and every day...

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Bathroom shots are legit! Congrats on your little reader!