Okay, so it isn't THAT bad. Soren has been sick with something nearly all winter. We FINALLY got the doc to prescribe an antibiotic. Two days later he was spiking a fever and pulling his ears. Now, I have gone to the doc several times with this same complaint to be told "he is just discovering his ears". Riiiiight lady. Have you met my kid? He has known about those things hanging off the side of his head for the past 6 months thankyouverymuch. So, the umpteenth time he went to the doc - same clinic different doc- we were told he had "dull" ears and was given a stronger antibiotic. And guess what?! He seems so much better! Even his acid reflux cough is nearly non existant, which makes me wonder if he has reflux at all. I will continue his Zantac to see if it makes a difference and then probably taper him off later and see how he does.
Now, if I could just stop getting sick. Every time Soren or Jonas gets something they cling to me like flies on sugar. Then I get sick...but I never get a chance to heal because I am always working, taking care of them or working at home on stuff there that has been neglected. Todd has the best ever intentions of letting me rest and sleep, but I don't think he gets it, you know? For one, the guy can't multitask to save his life. He can't start dinner and then work on doing up some dishes while the water is working on boiling. He can't let Soren crawl up his leg while he folds laundry, and he most certainly cannot keep track of when Soren had a bottle last or when Jonas had a snack. This results in a very cranky baby, who then gets a bottle late and throws his whole night out the door, and a 4.5 year old who is ridiculously hungry and wants a snack but it is just too close to dinner to hand one over ( prompting a breakdown). And how can I not hear it? The crying, the whining, the absolute misery. So, up I go to fix things...and yet he complains when I say that I am tired. "Hey, I offered to let you sleep. It isn't my fault you are tired. You didn't have to come out of the room and see the kids."
*sigh* Men.
No comments:
Post a Comment