Okay, so obviously I am not going to be able to post each and every day. Wow! Hats off to those of you who can do it. Not me. I am currently working a gazillion hours a day, fighting with a cold that never seems to leave and I have a 4 year old and an 8 month old that are complete attention guzzlers.
Nothing too new here. I am just wrapping up a 14 hour day, my first of 2 this week. Looks like next week I will be having to do a few overnights as well seeing as I have 3 open positions and it is spring break at Lock Haven University. This means all my college student staff are abandoning me for warmer parts. It's okay, though. I rarely ever have to work extra hours and I have some pretty darn good staff out there. Almost all my part timers and zero scheduled hour staff suck up the hours the minute I put them on the calendar. I can't complain about having to do the odd overnight. It does take me away from my family and I really REALLY don't like that. Especially today. I came to work at 9am and I am not going to make it home until after 11pm when they are all snuggled up in bed. *sigh* Todd did drop by work so I could see them, which makes it better, adn I don't feel as if I have completely abandoned them.
Soren is fighting some sort of cold. I thought he was finally going to break a tooth through, but nope. No teeth. Just a lot of green/yellow boogies and a cough that racks his little body. I broke down last night and gave him a baby dose of cold medicine. I don't care what the docs say. If that were me with all that congestion and coughing and I couldn't sleep because of it I would take something. Why can't my kiddo? As for the medicine being "ineffective" for babies...I call a big load of BS. Obviously they have never had a sick baby that just needs some relief so they can sleep and regenerate. Jerks.
I guess that is enough for now. I promise to get some pics on here as soon as I get a free minute at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment