After a nice long weekend to recuperate and pull myself together, I went back to work today. I am so far behind in everything that I have to do! I am hoping that my boss will have pity on me and not expect perfection this month. Not that she ever gets anything close to perfection, but hey - I try dammit.
Soooo, Jonas is potty training! He has gotten so very good at telling us when he has to go! He has had so many accident free days that Todd is certainly regretting his choice to give little toy "guys" as we call them for prizes. We have decided to move to the sticker reward system. Get X number of stickers in a day for potty time, and redeem them at the end of the day for a special treat - a guy, a glow stick for bedtime play or a special piece of candy. I have a feeling that we are going to spend the weekend setting up some sort or elaborate poster-board system. I personally think that this is a GREAT idea, as we can transition it into a chore board later in childhood. Right now I am smiling at the thought of dishes being someone else's responsibility. Not necessarily Jonas' responsibility, but not mine either. Do you think Todd would work with the sticker chore board system? I mean, if he got a prize good enough...a new game...a night without nagging...oh, who am I kidding. I can't do that one. I think it is impossible.
Anyway, I have decided that blogging, while boring to my readers, if I have any, is cathartic to me.
1 comment:
Sorry for your loss, Heather. Unfortunately, you have now joined us here in what us snarky types call deadbabyland. But, we are here together.
Blogging is totally cathartic, and helps you to fake it to make it. If you write and comment on other blogs, you'll get your readers.
(If you go to my profile then my blog, you will totally figure out who I am)
Post a Comment